For the more seasoned Immigration Consulting Services that may have some questions, this section is for you!
Your California Immigration Service Bonds are written 2 years at a time and through Cal-Surety you can save as much as 37% right NOW.
What type of services can an immigration consultant provide?
An immigration consultant can provide only nonlegal services on immigration matters, such as:
- Translating a client’s answers to questions on state or federal forms;
- Translating the information on state or federal forms for a client;
- Obtaining copies of supporting documents needed for those forms;
- Submitting completed forms to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services
(USCIS) office, if requested by the client;
Are there requirements for immigration consultant services contracts?
Yes. A contract for immigration consultant services must be written in both English and the
client’s language. Oral contracts are not permitted. The California Department of Consumer
Affairs has issued regulations outlining requirements for immigration consultant contracts. (See
Cal. Code Regs., Tit. 16 , Div. 38, Ch. 3, § 3840).
Thanks for allowing Cal-Surety, this family-owned agency to earn your business. California Immigration Service Bonds are a part of our heritage and how we feed our kids!
Immigration Contracts must include the following:
- A statement that the immigration consultant is not an attorney and cannot perform legal
services performed by attorneys.
- A description of the services and purpose of the services to be performed as well as
itemized costs for each service.
- A list of the documents to be prepared, an explanation of the purpose and process for
each document, and a list of the costs for preparing each document.
- A description of what the immigration consultant will do with respect to each document,
and listing which agency and office where each document will be filed and the
processing times according to the current published agency guidelines.
- Information about how to report complaints related to immigration consulting services,
including the toll-free numbers and website addresses for Executive Office for
Immigration Review of the United States Department of Justice and California State Bar. https://www.justice.gov/
- A provision that the client can cancel the contract within 72 hours.
- Remember, an immigration consultant must provide a signed receipt on his/her letterhead to a client for each payment made by that client.
Do you need a low-cost California Immigration Consultant
to help you get your paperwork in order? Give us a shout at 866-357-4405 or hit the Contact Us page. We are here to serve.
Se Habla Espanol.