One of the most complex and overwhelming parts of getting or keeping your DMV license relates to car dealer bonds. The reason is usually due to the dealer’s credit or citizenship status.
There are plenty of moving parts for a Used Car Dealer regardless of how many years they have been in business or if they are still getting licensed.
Your Car Dealer Bond (aka Cal-Surety) offers a variety of additional services to assist in every step of the way.
If you live and die by either of these 3 statements, then chances are you are a California Used Car Dealer and need to keep reading. Ready…
- hurry up and get the show on the road; or
- time is money; or
- I never pay retail!
So how are you going to save money…glad you asked!
Here are 3 great tips that every California used car dealer can use…
Car Dealer Bond Education:
- Start checking your credit 6-7 months before your surety bond.
- Start gathering ancillary information that could reduce your dealer bond rate.
- It’s becoming more common for a surety bond market to heavily surcharge for having a high revolving debt ratio.
- This means paying down your credit card balances about 4 months increase the limits on those credit lines. Simply put, the percentage of how much credit you have available vs. how much you use is becoming a huge driver in car dealer bond rates.
Used Car Dealer Insurance Education:
- Don’t fall for the trickery played by the insurance companies. (Money Saving Tip.)
- Order your loss history!
- Order loss runs from all carriers you have had in the past 3 years.
- You can order these through your insurance agent if you had the same agent for those years.
- How to leverage your used car dealer insurance policy to increase car sales! (Money Making Tip.)
- If the entire industry doesn’t carry used car dealer insurance, then you having that protection in place improves your market position.
Used Car Dealer Insurance Protection…
Here’s a little-known fact, insurance is not mandatory in every state. If you are in a state where the DMV mandates insurance, you likely know it. Insurance is not required in order to obtain a retail dealer license in states like California! The same goes for a wholesale dealer license with or without an auto broker endorsement. A surety bond or car dealer bond is required to get or keep your license but that’s a different topic.
As a Car Dealer that’s always looking to save a buck, why would you need insurance if the DMV doesn’t mandate it? Again, glad you asked – here are just a few reasons…
- You need to sleep at night for starters!
- Used Car Dealer Insurance can be tailored to suit your risk tolerance and price sensitivity.
- Dealer Insurance allows for a simple monthly payment schedule, unlike the bond that is typically due in full.
- All flooring companies used to purchase inventory will mandate insurance to protect their investment.
You’d be surprised how inexpensive it can be to buy insurance your car dealer business. Click here to get more info on the cost of dealer insurance NOW!
When you get to the point where you need some of the above-mentioned products or services, I trust that you will keep Your Car Dealer Bond (Cal-Surety) in mind.
Is it that time of year again when you need to renew your Used Car Dealer Bond?
Well, then you’re in luck! Perhaps you’re still going through the wonderful process of getting your DMV Dealer License, we can help you also. Your Car Dealer Bond (YCDB) writes about 1,300 dealers just like you a surety bond per year.
What does that mean to you?
Which that level of experience, YCDB can really offer you great savings! That said, our value goes beyond finding you discounts that others miss. We offer business consulting for our car dealers for starters. With over 20,000 hours of this specific expertise, we can definitely help you get your business to the next level.
It’s all so complicated for me since I’m just getting my DMV Auto Dealer License?
- No worries, YCDB has you covered regardless if you are a Wholesale Auto Dealer, Retail Dealership, or Auto Broker. We take pride in helping dealers navigate through this muddy terrain. Leverage our experience for your benefit.
- $10,000 or $50,000 bond: don’t think about it another minute. Give us a call and we can walk you through everything to simplify your life. You need to start selling cars and making money ASAP!
- BK in your history or you are not a citizen? This is not an issue at all for Your Car Dealer Bond LLC. Leave that to us and you can get back to making money.
- Do you have bad credit…we have surety carriers that can help you also. We also have payment options that can likely help you only pay a fraction of the annual premium and then have 4 payments set up to follow. This is a real game-changer to dozens of our California used car dealers every year!
- Have you had a bankruptcy, short-sale, or foreclosure in your past?
- Have other bond agents quoted you a really high price or told you that they could get you a car dealer bond?
This is not a problem at all, Your Car Dealer Bond is here to help and it’s the only reason for our existence.
Here is a quick list of some of the initial California DMV Car Dealer License requirements:
Every California Car Dealer (retail, wholesale, and auto brokers) has very specific requirements which include but are not limited to:
- DMV licensing paperwork. YCDB can help with this if needed.
- Having a surety bond in place with limits of $10,000 or $50,000. Again this is our specialty and would love the chance to earn your business!
- A lease must be in place and proper signage will need to be in good order.
- Obtaining a business license is likely the next step. Just head over to the City Building. Please note that this step is not needed if the business address is in an unincorporated part of town.
- If you are not an LLC or Corporation then you may not need a Fictitious Name Statement.
- The next step is typically obtaining a Resale Permit from the Department of Tax and Fee Administration.
- You will also need a checkbook in the business name.
- Then the DMV inspection happens.
Now it’s time to sell some cars!!!
The ease of doing business is our ability to make things simple for our dealer customers. Check out this video below on how to perform a SWOT analysis on your dealership business. If you need to increase your ROI or just started flipping cars, this short video will be some value used car dealer education that YCDB provides free to our dealer friends.
One last thing. This is just another way for us to add more value TODAY! www.Cal-Surety.com or call us when you need something at 866-357-4405.
Mike Ramos, the Founder of YCDB may be the best resource to a California Used Car Dealer!
Mike understands the California car dealer world inside and out. A lot of our dealers have loads of questions about auctions and transportation. Other car dealers struggle with what paperwork will need to be completed once they do sell their 1st car. And yet other auto dealers have questions that surround the NMVITS report or the CarFax reports. What is your question and how can Mike Ramos and the YCDB Team help you? Email us at email@example.com and we will help you to the extent possible.
Everyone always asks, “what makes your business different” or “why should a dealer choose you to do business with instead of your customer”? This is a great question and it starts with our free consultation. We provide tons of great information to all of our applicants and believe me we see them in all different stages and answer a wide variety of questions on a daily basis.
We save dealers thousands of hours each year in research when they reach out to us for complicated issues instead of trying to research those things on their own. And there’s no shortage of questions from the No Cooling Off Signs, to bond limit questions, to insurance claim questions, and even California DMV technical questions. It’s even so that we hear questions regarding how to better organize to save time or marketing questions about how to maximize profits and increase sales.
Please give us a chance to earn your business and over-deliver for you TODAY!
Check out Your Car Dealer Bond on YouTube.